Senior DevOps Engineer
Manage – Mountain View, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
Manage in search of a Senior DevOps Engineer in Mountain View, CA.
Founded in 2011, Manage is a performance DSP that helps marketers reach, connect and engage with consumers through in-app mobile advertising. Our clients include leading apps, brands and agencies – such as Uber, Lyft, and Zynga – and our top priority is helping them achieve their mobile marketing goals. As a pioneer in mobile programmatic real-time bidding, we run fully-managed, data driven ad campaigns focused on user acquisition, retargeting and brand awareness. Core to our company is a mobile marketing platform featuring proprietary algorithms, a machine-learning bidding engine and high performance architecture. We reach millions of consumers worldwide, and access over 40 billion ad impression opportunities every month.
Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, Manage was named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for 2015 by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley BusinessJournal. We operate as a nimble startup, meaning we have a very flat org structure that allows every team member to have huge areas of ownership and authority. We like to move fast, iterate and improve, using a learn by doing mentality. We’re looking for smart, driven team players who can help us get things done. Our team has a unanimous passion for doing things better with data, algorithms and machine learning to help our customers become successful.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll be responsible for systems administration, operations and support for all production and development systems. You will help build configuration management scripts and alerts to monitor system health, and perform capacity planning to avert crises from happening in our network of global data centers. You will be joining a talented, collaborative team at the forefront of exciting new ventures in the mobile space. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for building highly scalable systems, enjoys working with big datasets (billions of requests/day) and has a proactive and organized approach to solving problems.
In this impactful and diverse role you’ll:
- Develop tools and scripts to improve efficiency of operational tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server/network issues related to our real-time bidding platform.
- Implement alerts and monitors dashboards.
- Multiple data center management, replication and scaling
- Build and support system automation, deployment and continuous integration tools.
- Serve as an escalation point for support and build issues.
- Involvement in projects such as benchmarking new technologies, QA automation and system architecture.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience developing in PHP, Python, Java or Ruby
- Hands on experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Good Understanding of NoSQL databases such as Redis, Aerospike, or Riak
- Working knowledge of SVN or Git
- Write software for fun and have worked on projects of your own you can demo
- Experience working in AdTech space
- Experience with Real-time Bidding
- Experience with Hadoop
- Machine Learning background
What we’re offering to you:
- Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonuses
- An entrepreneurial environment with high growth potential
- Stock options in a fully self-funded company
- Medical, dental and vision
- $100 transit subsidy and pre-tax transit and parking benefits
- 3 weeks vacation and a fully stocked kitchen
Job Type: Full-time
- Mountain View, CA
- NoSQL databases: 1 year
- DevOps: 4 years
- Configuration Management: 1 year